The Bexar County Small Business Loan Program provides 0% interest loans of up to $25,000 to help small businesses in Bexar County that have suffered financial losses as a result of COVID-19.
How it works
- Business owners must apply online to begin the application process and are subject to credit review and financial assessment.
- Loans will range in value up to $25,000 and will be approved based on such factors as need, location, planning, eligibility and availability of funds.
- Funds may be used for working capital, covering expenses of debt and workforce needs.
- Once an application is approved, businesses will need to submit additional receipts and/or invoices for the items they are utilizing the funds.
- Companies that qualify can apply for the LiftFund COVID-19 Loan and Grant programs, but are only eligible to receive one or the other.
- Has not received a County COVID-19 loan.
- Employed fewer than 10 full time employees at all business locations.
- Annual gross revenues of not more than $1 million from all business activities at all business locations
- Must be in good standing with creditors for at least six months prior to COVID-19 outbreak.
- Loans are limited to businesses that are located and will reopen in same location in Bexar County.
- Demonstrates a loss of at least 15% of revenue in the period beginning March 1, 2020.
Must be verified through one or more of the following:
- Paper documentation via bank.
- Plaid access via LiftFund.
- Business will demonstrate/show plan of action including assessment of financials to stabilize with funds as part of the assessment. The assessment and planning will be done as consultations with the applicants. Team members will assist and review with the applicants.
- This includes a one page plan of action and budget from the business demonstrating need and ability to proceed with funding.