The International Trade Administration (ITA) strengthens the competitiveness of U.S. industry, promotes trade and investment, and ensures fair trade through the rigourous enforcement of our trade laws and agreements. ITA works to improve the global business environment and helps U.S. organizations compete at home and abroad.
Our Lines of Business
- Global Markets - Global Markets assists and advocates for U.S. businesses in international markets to foster U.S. economic prosperity. Global Markets promotes U.S. exports, especially among small and medium-sized enterprises; advances and protects U.S. commercial interests overseas; and attracts inward investment into the United States.
- Industry and Analysis - Industry & Analysis’ industry, trade, and economic experts produce the world’s most innovative, high-quality, in-depth trade analysis and develop strategies that define the future of international trade, investment, and export promotion.
- Enforcement and Compliance - Enforcement and Compliance ensures a level playing field for U.S. industries by defending against unfair trade and ensuring compliance with existing trade agreements. Enforcement and Compliance also administers the Foreign Trade Zones program, the Steel Import Monitoring and Analysis licensing program and the Enhanced Global Steel Trade Monitor.
Mission and Vision
The mission of the ITA is to create prosperity by strengthening the international competitiveness of U.S. industry, promoting trade and investment, and ensuring fair trade and compliance with trade laws and agreements.
The vision of the ITA is to foster economic growth and prosperity through global trade.
Below you will find the values that the ITA stands by:
- High standards of personal integrity and professional excellence.
- Mutual respect and teamwork.
- Creativity and individual initiative.