The Economic Development Partnership of North Carolina (EDPNC) is focused on recruiting new businesses to the state, supporting the needs of existing businesses, connecting exporters to global customers, helping small business owners get their start, and attracting tourists and visitors from all over the world.
Locations of Our Foreign and Domestic Offices
The Economic Development Partnership of North Carolina (EDPNC) has experts around the world helping companies in North Carolina prosper by growing internationally. Through two North Carolina and six foreign office locations, the EDPNC’s international trade division provides expert assistance to North Carolina firms seeking overseas market opportunities.
International Trade Managers
Our experienced multilingual international trade managers offer you their expertise in exporting free of charge. Each specializes in specific industry sectors ranging from automotive to aerospace, textiles to furniture, IT to biotechnology and more. Managers in Cary and High Point provide consultations that help you evaluate opportunities and confidently enter new markets.
What We Can Do for Your Business
- Advocacy - Help you understand and navigate government restrictions and difficult or complex trade regulations, policies and standards.
- Market Intelligence - Provide information on the market climate of export destination countries, including economic, social and political data.
- Product Review - Examine the product standards required for entering specific foreign markets and look at existing local and international competitors in those markets.
- Agent/Distributor/Buyer - Have our foreign offices connect you with vetted international distributors, resellers and prospective buyers.
- Trade Show Assistance - Inform you of industry-specific events that can help you enter new markets. Companies, for example, can jointly and affordably exhibit with the EDPNC at key international trade shows around the world.
- Market Recommendations - Recommend potential markets for your products or services.
- Pricing Evaluation - Help you set the right price to make your product profitable in specific international markets.
- Export Education - Provide expert-led one-day workshops for your employees, so they know how to comply with U.S. export control laws, understand critical trade topics and more.
- Export Finance Assistance Connect - you to export finance and risk-mitigation programs of the Export-Import Bank of the United States, the U.S. Small Business Administration and other trade financing organizations.
- Market Entry Strategy - Help you identify distribution channels for your products and the best ways to approach new markets.
- Special Requests - Do our best to help you with trade issues specific to your business.